- 0 Comments
- February 16, 2015
- by admin
- Credentials, Professional Service, Property Refurbishment,
- Leave a comment
Choose a Home Renovation Contractor Who Belongs To a Trade Body
There are a number of reasons you should consider choosing a professional home refurbishment company who belongs to a trade body, rather than for instance, opting for the cheapest quote you receive for home improvement work.
• Safety should always be of the utmost importance when weighing up the relative merits of home renovation contractors. For instance, is it really worth saving a few hundred pounds at the outset if the risks of choosing the cheapest option mean that you put the lives of yourself, your family and visitors to your home at risk?
If you are a business owner looking for a refurbishment company to improve a retail unit or commercial property, you are legally obliged to ensure that any refurbishment projects you undertake are carried out to specific standards for health and safety of all of your customers and visitors; our workmanship conforms to the highest trade standards. Of course, choosing refurbishment companies with a good reputation, via word of mouth referrals is the ideal. However, when searching online, look for whose membership of professional trade bodies you can check out; this gives you confidence in competence and reliability.
• Legal Compliance. Compliance with building regulations is mandatory for any refurbishment company to legally operate. The hazards associated with botched works are potentially life-threatening, whether this be through trips and slips associated with sloppy work, electric shocks, falling ceilings or fixtures and fittings, etcetera. A TrustMark logo on any marketing information or website offers reassurance that a company is held to the highest standards of professionalism by the U.K. government.
• Quality Customer Service. When making a significant investment in property refurbishment you need to be confident that if you have any questions about how your project is progressing, you will be able to communicate easily with your chosen contractor and if necessary report any serious concerns to a professional body who will act on your behalf if issues are not dealt with. MFBS seek to maintain best practice and high standard of service in everything we do. We communicate with our clients throughout any renovation works and believe that if you are happy, this is good for our business. We are in business for the long term and want to establish long term relationships with our clients.
Which Trade Associations Are Important?
Professional trade bodies will list your local contractor, like those above, so you can be confident of their reliability and competence before you even make the call to book their services. The main affiliations your building or refurbishment company should have that you can check out should include the following:
• Federation of Master Builders (FMB)
• National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting (NICEIC)
• Electrical Contractors Association (ECA)
• Gas Safe Register
• Custom Electronic Design and Installation Association (CEDIA)
• Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT)
What If You Have Questions About Renovation Work?
MFBS want our clients to be completely satisfied with any renovation work we undertake for you, because our success is built on our reputation. We are committed to providing the highest standards of services, so never want you to have cause to complain. However, on occasions, things can go wrong, but you can call us immediately and we will book an appointment as soon as feasible to resolve any issues you may have without quibbling. For emergencies, we can be with you within the hour.
We want our services to be entirely transparent and we are accountable you via our Terms and Conditions of Service associated with any contracts we undertake. This is your guarantee of quality services. The specifics of your contract and our general T’s&C’s set out what you can expect from our property refurbishment and home renovation services.
We want you to be confident to choose us as your preferred contractor and to recommend us to others. This is why we are professionally indemnified to cover any unforeseeable issues and we are proud to advertise our membership of relevant professional trade associations.